WILL MY PAST TRAUMA OR TRAUMATIC STRESS (PTSD) AFFECT MY LIFE FOREVER?
Trauma and Post traumatic stress often results in anxiety, feelings of loss of control, and even panic attacks, is sometimes diagnosed and known as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD. PTSD is seen especially involving military men and women who have experienced significant trauma. While PTSD can result from the experiences of war in soldiers, post traumatic stress can also develop from other traumatic events. The good news is, it does not have to affect your life forever. Trauma Counseling can help.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
You don’t have to face these challenges alone. Please understand that stress can affect us all. It can be improved with therapy. You can get better.
LiveBeyond Counseling & Coaching has licensed and trained trauma counseling specialists ready to work alongside you today. They will work to help you build the resilience and skills necessary to feel better and be happy again.
THERE IS HOPE.
Trauma Counseling has shown effectiveness in helping people to heal from the symptoms and distress that are the result of trauma. Whether you experience stress and anxiety as a result of military service, traumatic events from childhood, abuse of some sort, or some other distressing situation, therapy can likely help you to improve.
We also now offer EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing).
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a type of therapy that helps individuals process and reduce the impact of traumatic or distressing life experiences.
Benefits of EMDR Therapy:
- Reduction of Trauma Symptoms: EMDR therapy is particularly effective for people dealing with PTSD. It helps them reduce or eliminate flashbacks, nightmares, and other intrusive thoughts associated with the traumatic event.
- Effective for a Range of Issues: Besides PTSD, EMDR therapy has been found effective in treating conditions like anxiety, depression, panic disorders, and grief.
- Faster Results: Compared to traditional talk therapy, EMDR can often provide results more quickly, as it aims to directly affect the way the brain processes information.
- Non-Invasive: EMDR does not require medication or invasive techniques, making it a good option for those who can’t or don’t want to use these interventions.
- Promotes Self-Awareness: EMDR can help increase self-awareness, understanding of triggers and reactions, and provide skills to better manage stress and emotional distress.
- Less Reliance on Talk Therapy: For individuals who struggle with verbally expressing their feelings or recalling events, EMDR offers an alternative approach as it does not rely heavily on talking about the traumatic experience.
As with all therapies, the effectiveness of EMDR can vary from person to person, and it’s important to work with a trained professional to determine the best treatment plan.
Our Community Trusts Us: Our Counselors regularly receive recommendations and referrals from local physicians, school and other counselors and from their current and past clients as a result of their professionalism, advanced training in Gottman, Trauma Focused CBT, EFT Therapy, First Responder Counseling, and more.
Contact us today. If we cannot help you, we will refer you to one of our endorsed local therapists who can!
We view ourselves as trusted advisors for our clients and seek to steward that trust to ensure that our clients are provided with high quality counseling that is driven to provide the most value possible in the most efficient manner so that your time with us is well spent and extremely fruitful for your life.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?
This may be an issue that you have struggled with for days, months, or even years, and there is no better time than now to begin to grab back control over your life.
Our Team of professional therapists have immediate availability and are looking forward to getting to know you. Please reach out today if you are ready to begin down the road to recovery.
It’s absolutely worth it.
Have questions about our services or our Counselors? Check out our FAQ Page.
Our Southlake, Texas Counseling office is located in Southlake Town Center and sees clients from Southlake and surrounding areas.
Our Alliance, Texas Counseling office is located off of Heritage Trace Pkwy and Hillwood Pkwy near Alliance Town Center north of Fort Worth just a minute from I-35. Our Alliance office serves clients from Fort Worth, Alliance, and surrounding areas.
We also see Clients from around the State of Texas through Online or Video Counseling sessions for your convenience.